State Member for the Electorate of Cessnock, Clayton Barr, MP is pleased to announce the successful recipients in the Cessnock Electorate who are to receive funding from the 2022/23 Local Sport Grant Program.
Clayton Barr MP said the 7 projects funded across the Electorate of Cessnock would increase participation in local sport across all age groups and bring our community closer together.
Mr Barr said, “The Cessnock Electorate was successful in receiving $50,000 under the Local Sport Grant Program to fund a variety of projects including programs, equipment and infrastructure such as privacy partitions, seating and lawn renovation.”
Grants of between $2,000 and $10,000 per project were up for grants with up to $50,000 available in each electorate.
The successful recipients for the 2022/2023 Local Sport Grant Program in the Cessnock Electorate are:
- West Wallsend Junior Rugby League Club Incorporated is to receive $10,000.00 for partitions to be installed in sheds for privacy.
- Fernances Creek Riding Club is to receive $3,200.00 for Fernances Creek Dressage Area.
- Cessnock Amateur Swim Club is to receive $6,725.00 towards the CACS Swim Program.
- Kurri Kurri Minor Rugby League Club is to receive $10,000.00 for equipment for the 2023 Women in League Program.
- Mt Sugarloaf Croquet Club Inc is to receive $6,407.00 for lawn renovation to provide an improved playing surface and increase participation.
- Cessnock Minor Rugby League is to receive $4,271.00 for seating at Mt View Park.
- Cessnock Rugby League Football Club Incorporated is to receive $9,397.00 for ladies uniforms.
“I would like to offer my congratulations to the successful clubs” said Mr Barr. “This funding will help local sporting clubs within the Cessnock Electorate to upgrade existing equipment and facilities and encourage everyone to increase their participation in sport.”